Church of The Holy Name of Jesus

I am going to be dedicating some blogs to places I love in Manchester, I thought I would start with somewhere beautiful and peaceful that I only found recently. 


Church of The Holy Name of Jesus

This church is on Oxford Road and I have passed it many times and just not really paid attention, it doesn't seem that impressive but inside is stunning.



 On entering you see that it's much bigger than it seems and the stained glass gives the whole place such a magnificent light. 



The architecture is breathtaking, the beams, ceiling, arches and windows are everything I want from a Gothic Victorian church. I believe it was built in roughly 1870 and designed by Joseph Hansom.



As I walked around I found several little chapels hidden away behind beautiful statues and cut out arch window walls.


I really couldn't get over how wondrous the patterns of natural light were in this building. 


Anyway St Therese certainly seemed happy there.

I can't wait to see when they finish the restoration. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hell Of A Tuesday

Hay Festival

Murder By Gaslight