Dulcimer Bar, Electro Hyperactivity

Analogue Trash Presents The Luddite Collective, Def Neon and Psydoll at Dulcimer Bar

Psydoll Photo by Cute As Sin

I was so excited on the run up to Friday nights gig, as has been mentioned here before I am definitely a fan of Def Neon and I know seeing them live means dancing, Psydoll were coming in from Japan for a small Uk tour and having seen them once before and absolutely loved it I was looking forward to seeing them again. Now I am biased about The Luddite Collective, I have been helping them get the special advance limited edition run of their new ep done in time for this gig and I think it's quite brilliant, so obviously I was thrilled knowing they were going to play some of the tracks live.

The Luddite Collective Photo Cute As Sin 

First up was The Luddite Collective an aggressive industrial punk duo combining dirty bass, harsh vocals, snyth and beats that you really can't help dancing to. The lyrics are politically charged and very relevant, the emotion behind the message was clear to everyone, they got the crowd seriously riled up to the point where a guy was banging out the beat, I think using his shoe against a door frame while he danced. 

Emily of Def Neon Photo by Cute As Sin

Following them was the wonderful Def Neon, I can never say enough good things about this band. I love how full of energy they always are. The floor was full of dancers and it may have gotten a bit on the warm and sweaty side but it didn't stop anyone from bouncing more and loving the music. Their new track is phenomenal the usual Def Neon feel with so much depth I can't wait for the album they have coming up. 

Nekoi of Psydoll Photo By Cute As Sin

Final band of the night was Psydoll. I can't even work out quite how to describe this spectacular duo. Nekoi's vocals are sweet yet incredibly powerful, her excitable nature evident throughout the whole performance, I don't think it would be possible to watch her on stage and not feel the infectious happiness. Contrasting Nekoi is the quiet dark presence of the exceptional guitarist Ucchi adding so much to the experience. 

Ucchi of Psydoll Photo by Cute As Sin

Not surprisingly this is another Analogue Trash gig that I just want to do all over again. I love that they can find three bands that fit so well together yet are so different. The atmosphere as always was fantastic, I know I am always going to feel happy at a Trash gig because the crowd it pulls in are wonderful people. I seriously did not stop bouncing this whole gig I would definitely recommend seeing any of these bands if you get a chance. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hell Of A Tuesday

Hay Festival

Murder By Gaslight