Music I love

Here are 10 songs I love 


This has been really difficult to write but here is an idea of the music I like. I am going to alternate between an old song that really shaped my taste in music and a song I have only heard in the last year or so that was just amazing. 

I am kicking off the list with Korn's Make me Bad 
I heard this song when I was in my early teens and it has never failed to make me happy and to make me dance. I very quickly became a huge Korn fan and they very nearly made it into the new tracks I love too. 
 Photo of me showing my Korn influence, by me 

The first new track is Def Neon with Chocolate. I heard this song live at Beat;Cancer in Leeds last summer, it's off their new album and they just blew me away. I struggled to pick from their new album tracks and was torn between this one and Rotoscope. They have so much energy live it's just amazing. 

The song that shaped my music tastes is Placebo 36 degrees, another one I heard as a teenager and well the band have stayed in my playlists since. They have done some quite varied things since and I have enjoyed all of it. 

Next for the newbies is a right bugger to spell and even harder to say but well worth a listen Beinaheleidenschaftsgegenstand and Cold Light Of Day (Defeat Remix). Another glorious Beat;Cancer find. I didn't expect to get really into a band who request you sit on the floor for the gig but they are one of the most absorbing experiences live. 
Singer from Beinaheleidenschaftsgegenstand 
photography me

The next song that shaped my music tastes is Slayer with I don't know, I seriously just couldn't pick one of the tracks. I started listening to them with my Dad when I was very small and have seen them live many a time, definitely where I learnt pit etiquette.

Following up the new tracks is a super new track, from an album released this week Jimmy Urine's I Want To Be Human. This man is uber talented and I have loved what he puts out there so I had to give the new album a listen to as soon as it came out and no disappointments. Again someone who nearly made it into both lists. 

Moving onto something a bit different with the oldies, The Cure and Why Can't I Be You? I love the whole album, it's brilliant and one of my fav's to just chill out to. 

The magnificent Garbage are next with a track from the album released last year called Even Though Our Love Is Doomed. It's a beautiful sound that's a bit different from what came before but equally superb. 

The last of my old songs not only shaped my musical tastes but who I am. It's Jack Off Jill's When I Am Queen. I was utterly amazed by the vocal range, the attitude and the words. I had never heard anything like it especially not from an all female band. I quickly searched for more amazing and inspirational women. 

The very last song on the list is totally different from everything else on here, also found at Beat;Cancer. It's Bitman and Do You Feel Love? This band were so much fun live and made me smile a lot while dancing my ass off. I don't think I could have stayed still even if I tried. 
Bitman, Photography by me




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hell Of A Tuesday

Hay Festival

Belper Arts Festival