Ola, Pixelate And Beinaheleidenschaftsgegenstand

An Exquisite Evening of Ethereal Entertainment 

Hosted By Analogue Trash At the Castle Hotel Manchester

The evening began with Beinaheleidenschaftsgegenstand an electronic, ambient, industrial trio. I have seen them previously but before they added the third member. They were just as good as I remembered and soon I was sat on the floor relaxing and getting lost in the music. They manage to be soothing, all encompassing and slightly creepy all at once. 

 Beinaheleidenschaftsgegenstand 

The lead singers voice portrays the heartbreak and pain mentioned in the lyrics perfectly, then at other times manages to sound completely robotic. You can clearly see all the members get lost in the music as the performance goes on. The build up to the ending was intense, they gained an extra singer and a metal barrel being used as a drum. The sounds filled the room as the powerful lyrics were spoken, each crash of the barrel ringing out, the music heightening and the words growing louder until it felt like the music exploded coming back down into a softly spoken thank you from the singer. The whole experience is incredibly gripping, leaving audience members breathless. 

Additional Singer For Beinaheleidenschaftsgegenstand 

The next musician brought something a little different. Pixelate appeared on the stage with a horned helmet and began with an array of colours and patterns. The projections on the wall timed perfectly with the music. The atmosphere in the room lifted, people were dancing and it was amazing how different it felt to the last band. The music was giddy and erratic as colourful as the projections, bringing about a feeling of utter happiness, looking around almost everyone was smiling and swaying. It was kind of like what I think would happen if my excitable kitten made music with sonic the hedgehog. 

Pixelate

Finally came OLA or One Little Atlas I had no idea what to expect from this band at all. Before they started it looked simple enough two guys with guitars, but then they began. As soon as they started everything changed the music filled the air intangible and dream like. I felt like I was transported far from the busy little pub in central Manchester completely taken by the music. Then the singer created sounds I am sure no human should be able to make, it was enchanting so beautiful I don't think I even touched my camera again for the whole performance, it seemed to be over in seconds. They reminded me of Sigor Ros and Explosions In The Sky, I hope that they are going to be huge one day. 

OLA

Thanks to Analogue Trash for putting on this spectacular event.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hell Of A Tuesday

Hay Festival

Murder By Gaslight