Today I got called an Angry woman

Today I told a guy exactly how far he could fuck off,
He said women should look and behave more appropriately,
He said my opinion just showed I was one of those "angry women".
He said my emotions made my point invalid,
That you can't have a serious discussion once a woman gets emotional.

He called me an angry woman like it was a bad thing,
He thought this would insult and offend.
Seriously  the dude has no idea,
I pride myself on being that kind of angry.
Although his knowledge is so lacking,
He hasn't even noticed I'm not a women.
He's talking but I don't think he has ever listened.

If he paid attention he might notice that I am angry,
Lots of people are angry, we are right to be pissed.
If he paid attention he would notice my pride,
That I know how to express those feelings,
I know how to not be trodden on and silenced,
By men who have never paid attention,
Men who are shocked that they are being made to notice,
My femme opinion.

If he listens he will realise I learned to be,
This loud and angry person that I am.
I learned from the women around me,
I am lucky that I know where I came from,
I came from a line of angry women,
That's not to say they were angry all the time,
But they were women who made a scene,
When they felt someone was wronged.
Women who people would stare at thinking,
how maybe they should be quieter.

These women showed me love in their volume,
They showed me to be angry for the right reasons.
They stood between me and those judging me for my looks,
They called out creepy old men,
Letching at school girls.
Protected a young boy against a much bigger group.
These women didn't just stand by quietly,
When they knew they had something to say.
They didn't worry that people might think they were angry,
They made me unashamed of my anger,
And I'm proud to walk in their footsteps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hell Of A Tuesday

Hay Festival

Murder By Gaslight